The list of pension-related bills introduced for the 2020 legislative session has been updated with the following:
- SB 6125 – Concerning post retirement work in an elected city or county council position.
- SB 6165 – Providing a benefit increase to certain retirees of the Public Employees’ Retirement System Plan 1 and the Teachers’ Retirement System Plan 1.
- HB 1661 – Concerning the higher education retirement plans.
- HB 2189 – Including specified competency restoration workers at DSHS institutional and residential sites in the Public Safety Employees’ Retirement System.
- SB 6218 | HB 2339 – Modifying the definition of salary for the Washington State Patrol Retirement System.
- SB 6219 | HB 2340 – Modifying the definition of index for the Washington State Patrol Retirement System.
- SB 6337 – Concerning early retirement reduction factors for certain retirement system members.
- SB 6383 | HB 2341 – Concerning the retirement strategy funds in the Plan 3 and the Deferred Compensation programs.
- HB 2533 – Concerning disability benefits in the Public Safety Employees’ Retirement System.
- HB 2544 – Concerning the definition of a veteran.
- SB 6417 | HB 2678 – Allowing retirees to change their survivor option election after retirement.
- SB 6418 | HB 2655 – Concerning the definition of period of war for pensions.
The list of introductions provides links to the Legislature’s information resources, including details on the content, history and current status of each bill.
Please note that legislative proposals are subject to change and do not become law unless they are passed by both houses of the Legislature and signed by the governor.