We need your help! On November 15th, the Select Committee on Pension Policy (SCPP) will be voting on a proposal to provide a cost-of-living-adjustment to PERS 1 and TRS 1 retirees. The proposal also includes a legislative pathway to a permanent COLA for Plan 1 retirees.
We need ALL RPEC members to sign into the Legislature’s website to cite a PRO position on this agenda item. It will only take a few minutes to complete this task. Here’s how:
Click here to register a PRO position on the Plan1 permanent and ad hoc COLA agenda item.
- Under “Committee,” use the pull-down menu to choose “Select Committee on Pension Policy.”
- Under “Meetings,” choose 11/15/2022.
- The menu will provide three agenda items to be covered at the November 15th Choose “Plans 1 Ad hoc COLA Proposal). Please note that this agenda item will include the permanent COLA proposal for Plan 1 retirees.
- You will then be given one of the following four choices:
- “I would like to testify in person during the hearing.”
- “I would like to testify remotely.”
- “I would like my position noted in the legislative record.”
- “I would like to submit written testimony.”
- Click the third option, “I would like my position to be noted in the legislative record.”
- You will then be prompted to state your position. Use the pull-down menu to select “PRO.”
- Provide your first and last names, email address, organization, city, state, zip code and phone number.
- Indicate that you are not a robot.
- Push “Submit Registration.”
We also encourage you to offer verbal testimony in person or remote via Zoom. You don’t have to be a Plan 1 retiree to testify. Plan 2 and Plan 3 retirees are also encouraged to testify in solidarity. Click here to learn how to register to testify, submit written testimony and to learn more about attending in person or via Zoom. Click here for a verbal testimony template. If you want to garner tips on how to give an effective testimony, view this RPEC webinar.
On a closing note, if you plan to attend in person or provide in-person testimony, please notify the Council Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The chairperson of the SCPP has asked us to provide him with a ballpark approximate of RPEC attendees to ensure adequate seating. Please notify the Council Office by November 10th.
Thank you for your support, and for taking the time to register a PRO position on this important policy matter.