RPEC Weekly Newsflash, July 7, 2023
Legislation Implementation Update
Earlier this year, you helped the Washington State Legislature pass bills that positively impact retired public employees and senior citizens across the state. RPEC is monitoring how these new laws are being implemented by state agencies. Here is an update on some of the most important bills that the Legislature passed in 2023:
Are You on Facebook? Stop by and Like Us
Do you spend time on Facebook? Did you know the Retired Public Employees Council of Washington has a Facebook page? Next time you are on Facebook, simply search for RPECWA or visit https://www.facebook.com/RPECWA to find our page. Sometimes we post exclusive information here that cannot be found on our website! It’s a great place to interact with fellow retirees such as yourself. While you’re there, hit the ‘Like’ button so our posts appear in your feed.
Register Today – Members-Only Benefits Webinar, July 28, 1-2:00 PM
Do you know about the various member-only benefits offered by RPEC? Whether you’re a new member or just looking to maximize the value of your membership, register today for the RPEC Benefits Webinar on July 28th from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM. The webinar will include an overview of RPEC member-only benefits, including discounts on dental services with Bright Now! Dental and hearing services with Hearing in America, as well as various other cost savings and discounts through AFSCME Advantage. Utilizing these benefits can improve your fixed income by saving you money on various services. Easily offset the cost of your membership by saving money with RPEC’s member-only benefits!
Register here: https://rpecwa.org/members-only-benefits-webinar/
Member-only benefits: https://rpecwa.org/member-only-benefits/
Register Today – RPEC Speakers’ Series Featuring Congresswoman Marie Gluesenkamp Perez, August 2, 2:30-3:30 PM
Registration is now open for RPEC’s first members-only virtual Speakers’ Series: Congresswoman Marie Gluesenkamp Perez Discusses Threats to Medicare & Social Security. Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez represents Washington’s 3rd Congressional District (the southernmost portion of Western Washington including Lewis, Pacific, Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, Clark, and Skamania counties). While new to Congress as of January 2023, Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez is quickly earning a reputation for her ability to work effectively on the bipartisan issues prioritized by RPEC members. Her presentation will be followed by a Q & A period. Look for more details in next week’s Newsflash.
Please refer to our calendar page for more information about each event, including links to Zoom meetings, if available.
- July 10 – Council Office Internal Team Retreat (11:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- July 12 – Public Employees Benefits Board Meeting (9:00 am)
- July 13 – Healthcare Workgroup Meeting (3:30 pm)
- July 14 – Legislative Committee Meeting (10:00 am)
- July 17 – Senior Lobby (10:00 am)
- July 18 – Select Committee on Pension Policy Meeting (10:00 am)
- July 19 – Public Employees Benefits Board Meeting (9:00 am)
- July 19 – WFSE Resource Fair, Bremerton (11:00 am)
- July 20 – WFSE Member Resource Fair, Vancouver (5:30 pm)
- July 26 – Public Employees Benefits Board Meeting (9:00 am)
- July 27 – Membership Committee Meeting (10:00 am)
- July 27 – Healthcare Workgroup Meeting (3:30 pm)
- July 28 – Member Benefits Webinar (1:00 pm)
- August 2 – RPEC Speaker’s Series, Congresswoman Maria Gluesenkamp Perez (2:30 pm)
- August 4 – Monthly Legislative Update Call (2:00 pm)
- August 10 – Healthcare Workgroup (3:30 pm)