From the Health Care Authority (HCA):
Editor’s note: This applies only to those who receive their health insurance through HCA’s Public Employees’ Benefits Board (PEBB).
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is introducing a new online enrollment system called Benefits 24/7. Anticipated to go live in May 2023, Benefits 24/7 will integrate online account access for subscribers from the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) and School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Programs into one platform to allow for streamlined support and maintenance. Additionally, this system will expand upon the current functionality that PEBB My Account provides.
Specifically, retiring employees and retirees will be able to use Benefits 24/7 to:
- Request to enroll in or defer retiree coverage.
- Request to enroll in PEBB continuation coverage.
- Make plan changes during open enrollment.
- Upload proof of Medicare and qualifying coverages.
- Submit special open enrollment requests.
- Add or remove dependents during open enrollment and manage their enrollment throughout the year.
- Upload documents to prove dependent eligibility.
We’re excited about the upcoming changes that Benefits 24/7 will provide our retirees, and will be sharing more information with you and PEBB and SEBB members on these webpages and through other means in the coming months.