Life events often require retirees to verify their monthly retirement income. These events may include:
- Home mortgage or refinance application
- Estate planning
- Senior housing
If you need to verify your DRS benefit, you can get a monthly pension verification letter at any time through your online account.
- Log into your online account
- Select Benefit Summary from the menu
- Under Retirement Details, select Download Pension Verification Letter
- Your personalized letter file will be saved as a PDF where you store downloaded files (usually your Downloads folder)
If you’re recently retired or it’s been a while since you’ve visited drs.wa.gov, take some time to explore the updated “Retiree Resources” page. Along with the proof of income information above, you’ll find many topics of interest to retirees, including:
- Pension Payment Schedule
- COLA information
- Links to retirement organizations
- Return to work details
- …and much more
For more tips and resources from DRS, sign up for email or text alerts via drs.wa.gov/updates.