RPEC Weekly ACTION Newsletter – 3-6-2020
In This Edition
- Plan 1 COLA Bill Passes
- Other Retiree Bills that Have Passed
- WA State Legislative Bill Summary
Plan 1 COLA Bill Passes
Late afternoon on Friday, March 6th, HB 1390, the 3% increase (with a $62.50/month cap) to PERS/TRS 1 retirees, passed the Senate with a unanimous vote.
Thank you to all retirees who tirelessly worked to secure this victory!
We also would like to thank the legislators who supported this bill, for their efforts. We encourage our members to contact their legislators to express their appreciation.
The toll-free legislative hotline number is 1-800-562-6000
Email addresses for Legislators can be found at: https://app.leg.wa.gov/Rosters/Members
Other Retiree Bills that Have Passed
Several other important bills have been passed out of both houses and will likely be signed by the Governor in the coming weeks:
- HB 2662 – Reducing the total cost of insulin
- SB 6088 – Establishing a prescription drug affordability board
- SB 6074 – Reauthorizing and expanding the financial fraud and identity theft crimes investigation and prosecution program
WA State Legislative Bill Summary
If you are interested in seeing the full list of bills we are tracking, please visit the following link:
Full Text and updates on these bills can be found by searching for the bill number at: https://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/