Did you know that there are new dates to remember for Medicare’s Fall Open Enrollment Period? Starting in 2011, Fall Open Enrollment (also known as the Annual Coordinated Election Period, or ACEP) begins on October 15 and lasts through December 7. During this period, people with Medicare have the right to change their Medicare health and drug coverage options without restriction. They can make as many changes as they need, and the last change they make on or before December 7 will take effect on January 1, 2012. Stay up to speed on these and other changes to Medicare with resources developed by the Medicare Rights Center. Our searchable online guide, Medicare Interactive, features hundreds of answers to real Medicare questions, as well as case examples and links to numerous state-specific resources. Medicare Interactive provides clear, up-to-date guidance on questions such as:
- Can I change my Medicare health plan at any time?
- What questions should I ask before joining a Medicare private health plan?
- How do I enroll in the Medicare prescription drug benefit (Part D)?
- How do I compare Medicare private drug plans?
- Do I need to review my Medicare prescription drug plan choice every year?
- What insurance can I buy to fill gaps in Original Medicare?
- Can I buy a Medigap policy at any time?
In addition, a recording of our recent webinar explaining the Fall Open Enrollment Period is now available on our online training service, Medicare Rights University, free of charge. You can view the webinar any time here: www.medicarerightsuniversity.org/webinars/fall-open-enrollment-period And finally, you may also want to check out some of the helpful fact sheets, tips and timelines found on our web site, www.medicarerights.org. These materials help explain picking the right plan, health reform and how it affects people with Medicare, changes in 2012, and more:
- Questions to Ask Before Joining a Medicare Private Health Plan
- Health Reform Implementation Timeline
- Medicare-Covered Preventive Services
- New Open Enrollment and Disenrollment Periods
- Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (MADP)
We hope you find this information helpful as we approach Fall Open Enrollment. Please be sure to check back with us regularly for the latest on Medicare, important changes and upcoming deadlines. Best regards, ________________________________________ Scarlet Watts Director of Marketing and Outreach Medicare Rights Center 520 Eighth Avenue, North Wing, 3rd Floor New York, NY 10018 Tel: 212-204-6285 Fax: 212-869-3532 firstname.lastname@example.org