from the Health Care Authority Public Employees Benefits Board – Please let your members know that there will be lots of communications about Life Insurance and that we want all those currently participating in the Retiree Basic Life to switch over to MetLife. Unfortunately, if retirees are not participating in Voya Retiree Basic Life, they may NOT enroll in MetLife.
We are pleased to announce that MetLife will be the new insurer and administrator for the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program’s Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance beginning January 1, 2017.
During this time, you will experience a smooth transition and your current coverage will not be affected. At the same time as the PEBB Program’s open enrollment, MetLife will hold a special, one-time open enrollment opportunity that will allow employees to enroll in or increase their optional life insurance or optional AD&D insurance from November 1-30, 2016.
MetLife has a long history of providing outstanding customer service. We look forward to working with MetLife to continue to offer our members high-quality life and AD&D insurance.
To enroll in PEBB Program retiree term life insurance
Contact MetLife at 866-548-7139 for an enrollment form. Complete and return the form to the PEBB Program no later than 60 days after your employer-paid coverage ends.
From November 1, 2016 through November 30, 2016, you will have a special, one-time opportunity to enroll in or increase your Optional Life and AD&D Insurance. You can enroll in Optional Life Insurance up to $500,000 without answering health questions and/or having a medical exam. You may apply for higher amounts (up to $1,000,000) by completing a Statement of Health6.
Be on the lookout this fall for more information that explains your coverage options and plan details.
Then be sure to enroll between November 1-30, 2016, on the MetLife MyBenefits site.
For more information, visit http://www.metlife.com/wshca
Questions? Starting November 1, please call MetLife directly at 866-548-7139 to talk with a benefits consultant.
Beginning January 1, 2017, you can take advantage of the following MetLife Value Added Services, which include:
- Delivering the Promise1: Provides your beneficiaries with one-on-one assistance from local resources when they need it most, including help with filing claims and government benefits, locating support resources, and identifying any other important issues associated with the loss of a loved one.
- Total Control Account2: Helps your beneficiaries manage Life Insurance proceeds through a life settlement option that provides easy and immediate access to funds.
- Travel Assistance with ID Theft3: Offers you and your family access to emergency services while traveling and education services about identity theft protection.
- WillsCenter4: Helps you prepare a will, living will, power of attorney, and HIPAA authorization form on your own, at your own pace, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Funeral Planning Guide: Offers valuable benefits that span the entire loss spectrum, from planning for a loss to support following a loss and help finding closure. Funeral planning services range from a self-paced funeral planning guide to locating funeral homes and other providers like caterers, florists, and headstone vendors, to obtaining cost estimates, and finding local support groups.
- Transition Solutions5: Offers insurance and other financial products and services to help you and your family better prepare for your future in response to benefit changing events, (for example: retirement).
If you are enrolled in Optional Life Insurance, you can also take advantage of:
- Face-to-Face Will Preparation Services7: Give you and your spouse/state-registered domestic partner access to MetLife’s face-to-face legal services to prepare or update a will, living will, or power of attorney.
- Face-to-Face Estate Resolution Services7: Provides your beneficiaries and executors/administrators access to face-to-face legal representation for probating your estate.